So I started uni a few weeks ago and was absolutely shocked by my timetable (one day I had 3 classes from 11am-5pm with absolutely no break !) Luckily I had baked a few of these oat-packed cookies the previous day. Surprisingly they managed to fill the void in my stomach as I rushed from one building to another (must be all that oaty-goodness)
I made 2 cookie flavours: Choc Chip & Cranberry and Double Chocolate.
CHOC CHIP & CRANBERRY COOKIES
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius/ 130 degrees fan-forced. Line oven trays with baking paper.
2. Combine 90g rolled oats, 150g plain flour, 150g raw sugar, 90g choc chips and a handful of cranberries in a large bowl.
3. Melt 125g butter in a microwave-safe bowl (obviously in the microwave). Fold butter into dry mix. Add 1 egg and combine.
4. Using a tablespoon of the mix, roll into balls and place on lined trays. Flatten with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden (it really depends on how temperamental your oven is)
For double choc-chip cookies, discard cranberries and add 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder to the dry mix. For a slightly healthier version you can also use wholemeal flour for the cookies instead of normal plain flour.