It’s been a while since my last post but I’m back with a spring-inspired Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Salad! I absolutely LOVE smoked salmon and could eat it by itself, but I think the freshness of the cucumber really compliments the richness and saltiness of the salmon in this salad.
By the way, can you believe this is my very first savoury recipe that I’ve posted on this blog! (You can tell I have a sweet tooth….)
1/2 cucumber peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler and the centre part diced
A few pieces smoked salmon
Handful baby spinach & rocket salad mix
3 teaspoons hummus (either homemade or store-bought)
Ground black pepper to season
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Arrange the cucumber peels and diced cucumber in the centre of the serving dish.
2. Lay the salmon pieces on top.
3. Arrange the spinach and rocket on top of the salmon and cucumber
4. Make a dressing out of the lemon juice and olive oil by mixing them together in a small jug or bowl. Use 2 spoons to shape the hummus into quenelles and lay it on the salad (like in the picture above).
5. Sprinkle a little pepper on the top of the salad and use a spoon to pour the lemon and olive oil mix onto the cucumber and salmon salad.